- Increased Muscle Mass: Strength training can help increase muscle mass, which can lead to improved power output on the bike. This, in turn, can help cyclists ride faster and climb hills more efficiently.
- Improved Endurance: By building strength, cyclists can train their muscles to work more efficiently, which can help improve endurance and delay fatigue during long rides.
- Reduced Injury Risk: Strength training can help prevent injuries by improving muscle imbalances and promoting better posture on the bike. It can also help to strengthen supporting muscles and joints, reducing the risk of overuse injuries.
- Improved Balance and Stability: Cyclists need good balance and stability to maintain control of their bike and navigate challenging terrain. Strength training, especially in the core and legs, can help improve these skills.
- Increased Power Output: Strength training can increase the amount of force a cyclist can produce, which can lead to improved power output. This can help cyclists generate more speed and maintain a higher intensity over longer periods of time.
Strength training can help cyclists in several ways:
It’s important to note that strength training should be incorporated into a well-rounded training program, along with specific cycling workouts and adequate recovery. It’s also crucial to work with a knowledgeable coach or trainer to ensure that exercises are performed properly and the program is tailored to individual goals and needs.
threezero will allow you to add a strength component to your training in only 30 minutes. If you have avoided training in a gym because you are unsure as to what to do or how to do it, then our Biocircuit is the perfect solution. After doing a simple setup including a one rep max test, the circuit will guide you every step of the way ensuring you do each exercise correctly and safely.
Book your free trial session now to find out more.